We are currently seeking an Identity and Access Management Lead consultant to support multiple clients in the assessment and deployment of their IAM programs and initiatives. This position will work directly with client representatives to assess IAM policies and procedures, document and develop overall IAM strategy, identify and address internal process or access control issues, coordinate IAM related communications to the user community, and implement/deploy IAM solutions that facilitate business operations.
IAM Lead Consultants responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Managing, facilitating, and conducting client interviews related to IAM investigation
- Managing the initial assessment of client IAM programs and initiatives resulting in a roadmap for remediation
- Ability to guide client in gap discussions and recognize technical and process gaps in client IAM programs based on best practices, industry process and technical standards, and regulatory/compliance requirements
- Preparing and present oral and written reports and presentations
- Ability to assess potential threats and weaknesses in existing IAM processes and procedures
- Providing a solution for governance of the identity lifecycle processes around roles/rules, monitoring access control processes to ensure they are effective, efficient, and in compliance with standards and control objectives
- Developing and documenting IAM standards and controls and implementing procedures to ensure defined standards and controls are operating effectively
- Developing support and sustainability procedures for ongoing operations related to Security Operations
- Implementing entitlement management solutions for role based access controls and provisioning procedures for both external and internal application needs (understanding of multiple methods of role management)
- Providing advisory and consultation services to system development projects around IAM requirements/controls
- Support the development of an organization-wide strategy for IAM and all integrated components (technology and process)
- Ability to evaluate industry best practices related to IAM and apply to individual organizations based on needs and best fit
- Understanding of long term IAM objectives and the integration between technical and functional solutions to develop roadmap and recommend timelines for deployment
- Knowledge of regulatory implications and standard framework for compliance across multiple industries
- Ability to manage identity team through assessment, strategy development, technical deployment, and stabilization of technical solutions
- Ability manage diverse teams including functional and technical resources, manage engagement economics, client relationship, and expectations management across both consulting and client teams
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal) to interact with various levels of client representatives
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards
- Understand one or more Identity & Access Management products such as SailPoint, Omada, Oracle IAM, IBM’s ISIM/ISAM, CyberArk, BeyondTrust or Centrify
- Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches
- Experience with role based access control strategies and implementation
- Experience managing project scope, schedule, status and documentation.
- Strong program team leadership and interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to identify and analyze problems
- Ability to independently multi-task
- Ability to work in a highly integrated and dynamic team environment
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Able to travel to client locations
- Excellent problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- 5+ years plus experience in developing, implementing or architecting information systems.
- 5+ years plus with technical architecture experience integrating identity management, access management and access governance software into clients' infrastructure and applications.
- 5 years plus experience with planning, designing, implementing, architecting and integrating one or more of the Identity & Access Management product such as SailPoint, Omada, Oracle IAM, IBM’s ISIM/ISAM, CyberArk, BeyondTrust or Centrify.
- "Identity Management familiarity in one or more of the following areas:
- Identity & Access Governance including Role based access control, access request and certification
- User Life Cycle Management Processes
- Single Sign On
- Identity Federation
- Enterprise Directory Architecture and Design including directory schema, namespace and replication topology experience
- Familiarity with federated identity and web services security concepts such as SAML, Liberty ID-FF and ID-WSF, WS-Federation, OpenID, OAuth and WS-Security
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, Information Technology, Finance, or Business
- Previous Consulting or Big 4 experience preferred.
- Certifications such as: CISSP, CISM, or CISA certification a plus