Benefits: A rare opportunity to make a significant impact to a fast-growing CyberSecurity services company, based in Toronto and expanding into the United States. We work with a broad range of Fortune 500 clients across all industry sectors. You will develop your career in a hot and highly in-demand cybersecurity space.
Location: Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary
Terms of Employment: Fulltime, Permanent
Who We Are: KeyData (www.keydata.ca) is a leader in cybersecurity services, offering consulting/advisory services, systems integration services, managed services, and training services. KeyData specializes in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Privileged Access Management (PAM) and assessments focused on regulatory compliance requirements and best practices. We work with a broad range of clients including but not limited to financial, insurance, healthcare, government, telecom, energy and electric power.
- Develop technology solutions aligning with Enterprise Security Architecture frameworks and standards. In particular as those solutions involve access management concepts.
- Provide direction for security performance, capacity and overall security architecture solutions in common cloud environments, in particular in Azure and AWS environments.
- Assess, design, and work with medium and high sensitivity applications, as they’ve been moved to the Cloud and, ideally, advise on overall Cloud Security Adoption strategy.
- Perform all phases of security solution architecture as assigned; review plans and specifications; recommend supplier, contractor and hardware/software as appropriate; provide timelines for implementation to projects along with cost estimates necessary to allow development of financing options; inspect and evaluate completed projects to ensure compliance.
- Improve clients' efficiency and effectiveness through the design of their operations, processes, information technology, and business functions.
- Execute procedures, perform detailed data analysis, reach conclusions, document results, and suggest ideas for efficiencies. Recognize relevant issues and assess the risks associated with various client transactions.
- Participate in the creation / submission / evaluation of RFIs/RFQs/RFPs for new products and provide recommendations.
- Maintain a strong client focus by serving client needs and developing relationships with client personnel.
- Listen attentively, ask pertinent questions, listen intelligently and actively to the answers, deliver facts, opinions, and analyses.
- 3-5 years’ experience creating security solutions that utilize AWS, Azure and (optionally) Google Cloud.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Security Architecture
- 3-5 years’ experience building cloud strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge of information technology security, trends, leading practices, regulatory and industry standard compliance issues
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication/ authorization mechanisms and key management/key vaulting solutions
- Previous experience in IT audit, information security, data analysis, project management or Enterprise Resource Planning systems (particularly SAP) are considered an asset.
- Previous experience assessing, designing, and working with medium and high sensitivity applications, as they’ve been moved to the Cloud and, ideally, on overall Cloud Security Adoption strategy.
- Previous experience taking a lead role, managed expectations on scale and elasticity with Security and Safeguard selection.
- Strong technical knowledge within the security environment including installation, administration, performance analysis, capacity planning and systems management integration.
- Excellent communication skills and extensive experience working with clients and partners.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Industry recognized IT security certifications (CISSP, CEH, CISM, GSEC) or Cloud Security-specific certifications (CCSK, CCSP, VCP) (asset).
- Government of Canada Secret Clearance (asset).
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer certifications are an asset
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect is an asset
- Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) on Azure Cloud Technology
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, business and/or other related major, or equivalent experience